Acceptable forms of ID Examples include: Current CAC or Dependent ID (if not expired), Drivers License, State issued ID, SSN Card, Birth Certificate, Concealed Carry License and Passport.

Appointment Scheduling & Walk-Ins :

We are an appointment priority location. We strongly encourage customers to book an appointment online, utilize our online renewal process (retiree or dependent IDs only), or contact us at (719) 556-0008, option 1, for assistance scheduling an appointment. Customers that arrive without an appointment may experience extremely lengthy wait times, as our customers with appointments are seen first.

Customers without appointments that need to be seen for: CAC unlocks, CAC certificate issues, lost/stolen IDs, DEERS updates that impact medical benefits, deploying service members, and/or other unique situations, will be serviced as a priority over other customers without appointments. Please direct all questions to: Org Box: 21 FSS/FSMPS Customer Support Workflow ([email protected]). If no appointments are available, please call our office for assistance.


CAC Renewal :

CAC’s can be renewed 30 days prior to expiration date. Please ensure your appointment falls within that timeline and that you bring 2 valid and unexpired forms of ID with you to your appointment **NOTE: If you’ve recently reenlisted, please bring a copy of your finalized contract to update your DOS in DEERS.


Dependent & Retiree ID Cards:

*Note* For dependents, If you have a DD Form 1172 signed by the sponsor or Power of Attorney you do not need to bring your sponsor, otherwise, please bring two forms of ID and your sponsor. Dependent/Retiree ID cards can also be processed online (see for specific instructions. No appointment will be necessary for this option. Applications will be emailed to our work organizational email address: [email protected]


Pin Reset & Certificate Updates:

No Appointment Required: 1. If you are receiving the message “Your Smart Card Is Blocked” please come by our office during our duty hours (0800-1600, M-F) for a Pin Reset.
2. If you are receiving the message Your Smart Card is Locked please contact your unit Cyber Support Liaison (CSL) or Communications Focal Point (CFP) at 554-2666.
3. If you require a certificate update, please come in the office during our duty hours. If the certificate update requires you to be issued a new CAC, please be advised that you may experience a delay as our appointments have priority.


Full Time Student Status :

The sponsor will need to bring in a letter from the school registrar stating their dependents full time student status and expected graduation date.


Newborn/Child DEERS Update :

  1. Please email the Hospital Proof of Birth to initially enroll your newborn into DEERS along with the sponsors DOD ID #.
  2. Once the Birth Certificate and SSN Card are received, you will need to come in or email the office to update those in DEERS.
  3. If the SSN is not updated by the time the child is 3 years of age, they will be dropped from TRICARE.
  4. To enroll a stepchild: Provide the marriage certificate of the sponsor and their biological parent, child’s birth certificate and SSN Card are required to enroll them into DEERS
  5. Ward: Provide the child’s birth certificate, SSN Card and court order specifying that the sponsor is the child’s legal guardian showing the the duration of time they are appointed as such.
  6. Once the proof of birth has been updated you have 90 days to send us the social security and birth certificate.


Marriage/Divorce DEERS Update:

  1. Marriage Update: The Sponsor will need email their marriage certificate, new spouse’s birth certificate, the new spouses SSN Card and one other ID.
  2. Divorce Update: The sponsor will need to email the finalized divorce decree and their ex-spouse’s dependent ID Card (if applicable).


Deceased Dependent/Sponsor Updates :

We extend our deepest condolences due to the recent lost of your loved one. To ensure the information in DEERS is correct, please bring in the Death Certificate for the sponsor/dependent that you need to update. For Casualty Assistance, please contact Mr. Warren McCoy or Mrs. Lathena Jones at (719) 556-6232.


Ft Carson Army Base :

All Service Members assigned to Ft Carson MUST provide a memorandum signed by each brigade stating they are unable to service you prior to scheduling an appointment. Any members that do not possess this memo at the time of their appointment will not be serviced.


You are now leaving 21 FSS - Peterson Air Force Base 21st Force Support Squadron

External Links Disclaimer

The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Air Force of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the U.S. Air Force may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.

You will be redirected to

Click the link above to continue or CANCEL