Aquatic Center Patrons,Our main pool is experiencing issues with chemical balancing, which is the cause of our frequent shutdowns. The age of the equipment has caused issues for the contractor to keep the pool open consistently. We have invested in replacement parts for our system designed to monitor these issues and make corrections. This system should be in place and operational in 4-6 weeks, hopefully alleviating our unfortunate shutdowns.
Therefore, we have made the decision to suspend all additional aquatics programming until consistent operations are achieved. We will continue to offer lap and family swimming at our currently scheduled times, when the pool is in range, and will advertise as early as possible when the pool is not open. We are committed to your fitness and recreational swimming needs, and our goal is to provide you with the best experience possible.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these issues have caused and appreciate your continued patience and support as we work diligently to correct them.
Aquatics Center Management Team
Peterson SFB Aquatics
- The Triathlon Club provides weekly workouts from a USA Triathlon certified coach.
- All skill levels are welcome.
- Annual Membership, $50.
- Triathlon Skill Sessions, $10/session. Don’t need to be a member to attend.
- Triathlon Group Workout, $15/session. Don’t need to be a member to attend.
Sign up for the Triathlon Club in person at the Aquatics Center, Bldg. 404.
FUNCTIONAL FITNESS ON WATER
Develop your strength, flexibility, power, coordination and balance … all on the water!
Functional Fitness on Water is a basic weight training program focusing on enhancing core strength and conditioning, while building endurance and maintaining stamina, strength, flexibility, power, coordination and balance.
All movements are able to be modified, welcoming all fitness levels.
Offered 12:15-1 p.m. Mondays at the Aquatics Center. Cost is $5 per class.
Aquatics Center, Bldg. 404, 719-556-4608.
PETERSON MASTERS SWIM
Adult Swim Club – Coaching on strokes, drills, workouts.
- For those trying to improve their basic swimming skills and overall fitness.
- But also for those individuals training for upcoming competitions, such as triathlons.
- Competition optional for all skill levels.
- Open to ages 18+ regardless of skill level.
Practice times are:
4:45 -6 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays,
11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- $25/month – with U.S. Masters Membership card.
SWIM THE DISTANCESwim the Distance is a popular annual fitness program featuring a different distance challenge each quarter.
Track your distance. (All swimming must be done at Peterson’s Aquatic Center, unless on TDY orders.)
Each Swim the Distance challenge:
- Participants will receive a T-shirt for each Swim the Distance challenge they complete.
- Plus, the top three participants will receive a medal.
- First place winners of each challenge will have their names placed on the facility plaque.
Cost to participate is $30 per person per challenge.
Fill out the registration form at the Aquatic Center, Bldg. 404 on Ent Ave., 719-556-4608.