UPHILL TRAVEL/AT INFO:
- Location: Monarch Mountain, 23715 W. US Highway 50, Monarch, CO 81201
- Meet at Hospitality Tent @ 1200
- Must sign waiver prior to participation (link below):
- Equipment will be individually fit @ Pete ODR prior to event and will be transported by WAD staff to Monarch.
- What to wear: Layers are key! Expect to start cold and become warm Be sure to wear warm clothing and a waterproof outer jacket, snow pants or weatherproof shell, waterproof gloved or mittens, a hat or helmet, eye protection and sunscreen.
- The Monarch Mountain uphill access policy is intended to educate users about the guidelines and risks of uphill activities.
- Monarch Mountain permits uphill traffic with limited restrictions. However, there are guidelines that all uphill users must follow to promote safety and to minimize conflicts between mountain operations including but not limited to: grooming operations (including winch cat), plowing, parking, snowmobile traffic, other vehicles, downhill skiers/riders, and any other activities that might be taking place at any time on the mountain, day and night.
- Uphill access is an activity that Monarch Mountain supports in the interest of increasing the enjoyment of the National Forest. Monarch Mountain thanks users in advance for your cooperation in following these guidelines which enhance enjoyment of the mountain experience.
- Uphill users are considered skiers under the Colorado Ski Safety Act and are required to adhere to the laws stated in the act and the specific items located within the skier’s responsibility code.