BEGINNER SKI/SNOWBOARD LESSON INFO:
- Location: Monarch Mountain, 23715 W. US Highway 50, Monarch, CO 81201
- Check in: 0830 (lesson begins promptly at 0900)
- Must sign waiver prior to participation (link below):
- Monarch Mountain online waiver must be completed by COB 21 FEB (see attached link)
- All Lesson participants must meet at the Winter Adventure Day (WAD) Hospitality Area to pick up their Lift tickets prior to lesson check in.
- All participants 17 and younger will be required to fill out a post lesson release authorization tag to be attached to child’s jacket (release tags will be provided at Hospitality Tent).
- Eligible participants must be ages 7 and up
GENERAL SKI INFO:
- WHAT TO WEAR FOR SKIING/SNOWBOARDING:
- Layered clothing is better than thick, heavy clothing. The weather can change throughout the day and with layers you can peel off or layer on as needed. The outer layer should be water-proof or water-resistant.
- One pair of wool or synthetic socks at least calf high works best. More than one pair tends to rub or bunch up and can be uncomfortable.
- Avoid cotton. It does not insulate when wet and just makes you colder. Opt for synthetics or wool.
- Wear insulated, waterproof gloves or mittens, even on a warm day. Warm, dry hands go a long way towards a good day.
- Wear a warm hat or helmet to prevent heat from escaping through your head.
- Sunscreen! At our elevation, you cannot wear too much even if its cloudy. Reapply often.
- Sunglasses or goggles with UV protection is a must! Goggles work better when it’s snowy or windy out and come in lenses for different lighting conditions.
- If you’re wearing street shoes from your car, you’ll want them to be warm and with good tread for walking in snow and on uneven surfaces. Open-toed, cloth or smooth bottomed shoes do not work well in our winter conditions.
- Wear waterproof gloves, even on a warm day. Warm hands go a long way