LIFT TICKET INFO:
- Location: Monarch Mountain, 23715 W. US Highway 50, Monarch, CO 81201
- Lifts open @ 0900
- Lift ticket pickup located at the Winter Adventure Day (WAD) Hospitality Area starting @ 0800.
- Participants must be registered thru Signupgenius and tickets paid for in advance.
- No WAD discounted tickets will be available for purchase on day of event.
GENERAL SKI INFO:
- WHAT TO WEAR FOR SKIING/SNOWBOARDING:
- Layered clothing is better than thick, heavy clothing. The weather can change throughout the day and with layers you can peel off or layer on as needed. The outer layer should be water-proof or water-resistant.
- One pair of wool or synthetic socks at least calf high works best. More than one pair tends to rub or bunch up and can be uncomfortable.
- Avoid cotton. It does not insulate when wet and just makes you colder. Opt for synthetics or wool.
- Wear insulated, waterproof gloves or mittens, even on a warm day. Warm, dry hands go a long way towards a good day.
- Wear a warm hat or helmet to prevent heat from escaping through your head.
- Sunscreen! At our elevation, you cannot wear too much even if its cloudy. Reapply often.
- Sunglasses or goggles with UV protection is a must! Goggles work better when it’s snowy or windy out and come in lenses for different lighting conditions.
- If you’re wearing street shoes from your car, you’ll want them to be warm and with good tread for walking in snow and on uneven surfaces. Open-toed, cloth or smooth bottomed shoes do not work well in our winter conditions.
- Wear waterproof gloves, even on a warm day. Warm hands go a long way