Great news! Registration is open for our next two Private Pilot Ground School classes.
- Start date for one class is Tuesday, February 20, 2024 (Zoom/in-person) and
- start date for the other class is Wednesday, February 21, 2024 (in-person).
Please call or stop in to make payment to reserve your spot.
This is a hybrid course consisting in Jeppesen online modules and once-a-weeknight meets with the instructor. The instructor will conduct in person meets with ZOOM access to participate remote.
Here are the basics:
- The Private Pilot Ground School is an eight- to nine-week course, at $700.
- The course is Jeppesen online, and you meet with the instructor through ZOOM or in-person once a weeknight (6-8 p.m.) to go over materials and ask any questions.
- Completion of this course prepares you to take the FAA Written with the endorsement from the instructor.
- After you pass your FAA Written, you have two years to complete the flying portion and pass the Check Ride with an FAA DPE for your Private Pilot License requirements.
- Completion of this course satisfies the FAA minimum requirement for the Ground School portion to get your Private Pilot License.
Supplies that come with the class include: Jeppesen Online Login, Instructor time, Kneeboard, Plotter, Metal E6B, Logbook, and Maneuver Guide.
Please call the Rocky Mountain USAF Flight Training Center (aka Aero Club) at 719-556-4310, Bldg. Hangar 133.